How Do I Lease a Car?
Leasing is a great financing option for shoppers in the Shreveport, Bossier City, and Stonewall areas, and the process of leasing a vehicle is a lot simpler than you may think. On this page, we at Rountree Ford have put together a detailed step-by-step guide to leasing your next vehicle in order to make the process as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Read ahead to learn more about the leasing process and to get some extra tips for leasing your next vehicle!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Leasing a Car
Leasing a vehicle can be a fairly easy and enjoyable process if you’re prepared. The process of leasing your next vehicle will look something like this:
- Determine Your Budget – Figure out how much you can pay per month in lease payments. In theory, it shouldn’t be more than 20% of your take-home salary.
- Find the Vehicle You Want – Make a wish list of things you want and need in a vehicle, and then go out and find a leasable vehicle that fits your needs.
- Take Said Vehicle for a Test Drive – Make sure the vehicle you picked out is the vehicle for you by taking it for a thorough test drive.
- Sit Down with a Finance Professional – Visit the finance center at the dealership where you’re leasing your car and discuss the logistics of your car lease such as lease term, number of miles, and more.
- Make Sure You’re Getting the Best Deal – Double check that you’re getting the best lease deal possible.
And you’re set! Once you sign your lease agreement, you’ll be out on the road in your next leased vehicle in no time. It’s pretty simple when you have a team of finance experts by your side to help you through the process.
Extra Tips & Tricks for Leasing a Car
While you’re going through the car-leasing process, there’s a few things you should keep in mind. See the following tips and tricks to make your lease journey even smoother:
- Think realistically when drawing up a lease term; you don’t want to make the term so long that it defeats the purpose of just buying the vehicle.
- Don’t deviate from your budget no matter what, because you’ll regret it after you drive off the lot.
- You can negotiate certain parts of your lease including the mileage limit, down payment, and monthly payments.
- Be sure to stay on track when it comes to routine maintenance visits.
Ready to Get the Ball Rolling on Your Next Lease?
We at Rountree Ford are thrilled that you stopped by today to learn more about how you can lease your next car. If the option of leasing seems like it’s a good fit for you, we hope you’ll jump in and get started on putting together your next car lease with us.
Shoppers in the areas of Shreveport, Bossier City, and Stonewall should give us a call today to set up a time to meet with our friendly and knowledgeable finance team!